Wedding Season 2019 is already underway with our second wedding for the year already under wraps.
Did you know that Christmas time is one of the most popular times of the year for couples to get engaged or to announce their engagement – after all Christmas is the time of love and family. And having recently returned from our short Christmas break we have been inundated at Ellerslie Flowers, our little store in Kempsey, with brides and couples planning their weddings on the Macleay Valley.
Planning a wedding is such an exciting time. There are so many quality venues, themes, colour choices, dresses and floral displays to consider and with Pinterest, Instagram etc the inspiration is endless. But don’t be fooled…..planning a wedding can be a stressful time. Not only is there the planning, organising and financial decisions to be made, a wedding often coincides with other major life changing events such as moving home, blending a family etc.
So here are our top tips to help you keep calm and get the most out of the lead up to your wedding:
- Pick a date – sounds easy but once you have chosen the date for your wedding, everything will centre around it
- Get a budget in place – talk to your partner about what you want to spend and try and allocate funds to the areas that are important to you, eg venue, flowers, catering, entertainment, dress/suit etc. Remember that the average Australian wedding costs around $35,000 – so that means that there are weddings that cost a lot more and weddings that cost a lot less. What matters is working to a budget that you are both comfortable with.
- Don’t try to do everything yourself. Work out what you can and can’t do – and don’t be afraid to enlist the help of the many wedding services available on the Macleay Valley.
- Put together a priority list of vendors and check their availability. Before you even pick colours or decide if your wedding theme is country, boho or romantic you need to make sure your chosen suppliers aren’t already booked on your date.
- Have a trusty offsider you can rely on to keep you focussed and help out with small or even big tasks, someone who isn’t wanting to take over your wedding but who is happy to work with you to achieve your perfect wedding. For some the trusty offsider will be their partner but for others it will be their Mum or close friend, another family member or maybe even a wedding planner.
- Make lists – whether its a spread sheet or notes on paper, keep track of who is doing what and when. Being organised will save a lot of heartache.
- Above all, don’t forget to keep calm….from time to time just stop and look at what you have achieved – forget about what is left to do – and celebrate what you have accomplished to date. Champagne isn’t just for the wedding day so why not share a cold bubbly along the way and give yourself a pat on the back.
As they say “Love is the closest thing to Magic” so spread a little magic for yourself and your partner along the way and enjoy the lead up to your wedding day and the start of your life together.
(The beautiful Bride pictured is Courtney who married Caleb at our property in November 2018 – She chose an amazing bouquet of peonies, classic roses, Queen Anne’s lace, gum etc…and look at that dress – stunning)